"Quiet, restful, and absolutely stunning - certainly a crown jewel in Idaho!."
Courtney and Brian Windham, Syracuse, NY
Directions to Talus Rock Retreat, Sandpoint, ID from Seattle, WA:
- Take the I-5 S/I-90 E ramp toward Portland.
- Merge onto I-90 E via the exit on the left toward Bellevue/Spokane (Crossing into , ID).
- Take the US-95 N exit, EXIT 12, toward Sandpoint/Canada.
- Turn LEFT onto US-95 N
- Take 95 N until you see Silverwood Theme Park on your left.
- Continue on 95 N for 31 more miles.
- Cross the long bridge over Lake Pend O'reille into Sandpoint.
- Follow 95 through first light into downtown (you're now on 1 st Ave.) Stay Left.
- Make the first left on Church Street.
- GO through 2 crossroads (but no stops) to first stop sign.
- At stop sign, make a Left (5th Street).
- Go to light (and T) and bear Right onto Hwy 2 East.
- Cross Boyer Avenue at light (see "Dubs" on your left).
- Make a Right on Division.
- Make the next left on Pine Street.
- Pass Sandpoint West Athletic Club on left.
- Go under the overpass.
- Make a Left on Syringa Heights Road.
- Count 2 driveways on your left.
- 291 Syringa Heights Road—goes back into the woods, you'll see a horse arena. Welcome to Talus Rock Retreat!